Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Slumber of Sorts

Probably the deepest recalled dreams can be had in the weekend just after jog and food (probably the food and the sleep more than makes up for most of the beneficial effects of jogging but thats an aloof point for the current discussion).

No time to write or recall too much details, but this one was particularly "filthy" in the sense described below. Some persons around (I cannot possibly be more specific here) , lets call them X, make me feel that my residence is not "cool". I acknowledge that there are some problems with my place of residence -- like smaller windows, leaving it not much airy. But which house does not have problems? I am happy here and thats what matters. Indeed I am so happy that I want to buy it from the owners, except that this is not a straightforward decision to make.

I recently read that Dali used the depiction of faeces in his paintings to denote messiness. In the current dream faeces was an element in the composition, in the context of messy toilets -- the kind we had experience with at our college. These toilets were like medieval museums. Each faucet, and each commode had its own peculiar characteristics. They were like a box of chocolates in the sense you don't know what you will find next. I sincerely hope for the current students that the authorities have renovated all the toilets.

My subconscious seems to have covertly composed the present state of my residence (rather the image in my mind about the image of my house in X's mind) and the thing I read about Dali's paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment